HS Advisor

  • Home
  • Immigration EB3 Processing for the USA
Awesome Image

Immigration EB3 Processing for the USA

Your Path to U.S. EB3 Immigration with Higher Study Advisor LLC

  • Initial Assessment: We begin by evaluating your qualifications, work experience, and skills to determine your eligibility under the EB3 category.
  • Labor Certification (PERM) Navigation: Guidance on the intricate PERM labor certification process, ensuring both you and the sponsoring employer fulfill the Department of Labor's requirements.
  • Form I-140 Preparation & Filing: Post PERM approval, we walk you through the I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker process, making sure every detail aligns with EB3 requirements.
  • Priority Date & Visa Bulletin Monitoring: We keep a close eye on your case's priority date and the U.S. State Department's Visa Bulletin, ensuring timely actions.
  • Adjustment of Status (AOS) or Consular Processing: Depending on your location and status, we'll guide you on transitioning to a permanent resident either through AOS within the U.S. or through consular processing abroad.
  • Continuous Support: From the initial assessment to eventual green card receipt, we're with you at every juncture, ensuring a smooth, efficient process.

Steps to AOS for U.S. EB3 Immigration with Higher Study Advisor LLC

  • Priority Date Review: Regularly check the U.S. State Department's Visa Bulletin to determine if your EB3 priority date has become current.
  • Document Gathering: Assemble all required documents, including birth certificates, passport photos, a valid passport, medical examination results (Form I-693), and any prior U.S. immigration paperwork.
  • Form I-485 Filing: Submit Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, along with all supporting documentation.
  • Work & Travel Authorization: Apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) using Form I-765 and Advance Parole for travel purposes with Form I-131. This allows you to work and travel while your AOS is pending.
  • USCIS Interview: Attend a scheduled interview, if applicable. The USCIS may require you and your family members to attend an interview as part of the AOS process. Be prepared to discuss your application and answer questions.
  • Await Adjudication: After the interview, wait for USCIS to adjudicate your application. If additional documentation or information is required, USCIS will issue a Request for Evidence (RFE).
  • Green Card Issuance: Once your application is approved, you'll receive your green card in the mail, confirming your status as a U.S. permanent resident.

Steps to Family Inclusivity in U.S. Immigration with Higher Study Advisor LLC

  • Determine Eligibility: Assess which family members can be included. Typically, for employment-based categories, this refers to spouses and unmarried children under 21.
  • Document Compilation: Gather necessary documents for each family member: birth certificates proving the relationship, marriage certificates, passport photos, valid passports, and medical examination results.
  • Supplementary Forms: For each eligible family member, complete the necessary supplementary forms. For instance, each family member will need their own Form I-485 when adjusting status.
  • File Concurrently (if applicable): If the principal applicant's priority date is current, you can file the primary application and derivative family members' applications concurrently.
  • Work & Travel Authorization: While AOS is pending, spouses can apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advance Parole, facilitating their ability to work and travel.
  • Attend Interviews: USCIS might require family members to attend separate or joint interviews. Prepare all members for the types of questions they might face.
  • Monitor Priority Dates: For categories where visa numbers are limited, keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin. Ensure that derivative beneficiaries maintain their eligibility, especially children in terms of age.
  • Adjudication & Green Card Issuance: Once approved, family members will receive their green cards, cementing their status as U.S. permanent residents.

Frequently Asked Questions:
EB3 (Employment-Based Third Preference), AOS (Adjustment of Status), Family-Related

The EB3 is an employment-based preference category for U.S. green cards, typically for skilled workers, professionals, or other workers.

Yes, most EB3 applicants need an approved PERM Labor Certification from the Department of Labor before filing for an EB3 green card.

The processing time varies based on country of origin, the backlog in the EB3 category, and USCIS processing times. It can range from a few years to longer, especially if retrogression occurs.

AOS allows eligible applicants to apply for U.S. permanent residency (a green card) without leaving the U.S.

Yes, you can apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) after filing for AOS. Once the EAD is approved, you can work in the U.S.

Significant life changes, like marriage or the birth of a child, should be promptly reported to USCIS as they could affect the AOS application.

Yes, your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 can be included as derivative beneficiaries when you file your I-140 and subsequently for AOS.

The Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) may offer protections to prevent a child from "aging out." Specific calculations based on visa bulletin waiting times determine the child's "CSPA age."

Each family member must individually file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, with all necessary supporting documentation.

Yes, upon filing I-485, your spouse can also file an I-765 for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) which, when approved, will allow them to work in the U.S.

Services Included

Need Help?

Unlock your potential with our free consultation. Let's chart your academic journey together!