HS Advisor

  • Home
  • Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD USA
Awesome Image

Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD USA

Your Path to U.S. Bachelor's Admission with Higher Study Advisor LLC

  • Initial Consultation: Begin with a thorough assessment of your academic background, aspirations, and potential fit for U.S. universities. Free Consultation
  • University Shortlisting: We curate a list of universities tailored to your profile, ensuring they align with your goals and budget.
  • Application Crafting: Our team assists in preparing standout applications, emphasizing your strengths and unique qualities.
  • Documentation Support: We guide you in gathering essential documents, from academic transcripts to letters of recommendation, ensuring they meet university standards.
  • English Proficiency Prep: Receive one-on-one coaching for English tests like TOEFL or IELTS, enhancing your chances of clearing language requirements.
  • Interview Preparation: Equip yourself with strategies and insights for potential university interviews, honing your confidence and presentation.
  • Visa Guidance: Navigate the complexities of the student visa (F1) process with our expert assistance, from documentation to interview prep.
  • Final Steps & Transition: Once admitted, we help with the I-20 form, SEVIS fee payment, and provide insights for a smooth transition to U.S. campus life.

Your Path to U.S. Master's Admission with Higher Study Advisor LLC

  • Initial Consultation: Dive deep into your academic and professional experiences, aligning them with potential Master's programs in the U.S. Free Consultation
  • University & Program Shortlisting: Based on your specialization and interests, we curate a list of U.S. universities and Master's programs that resonate with your career goals.
  • Application Enhancement: Benefit from our expertise in crafting compelling applications that highlight your postgraduate intent, research interests, and relevant experiences.
  • Documentation Assistance: Get help in assembling key documents, including academic transcripts, CVs, and any research papers or relevant project details.
  • SOP & LOR Guidance: Craft standout Statements of Purpose (SOPs) and gather impactful Letters of Recommendation (LORs) that elevate your application.
  • English & GRE/GMAT Prep: Receive tailored coaching for requisite exams, including English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS and other standardized tests like GRE or GMAT, if needed.
  • Interview Prep: Prepare for potential interviews with universities, focusing on your research interests, past projects, and future aspirations.
  • Visa Navigation: Get comprehensive guidance through the student visa (F1) process, from documentation to ensuring you're well-prepared for the visa interview.
  • Onboarding & Transition: After securing admission, receive support with I-20 form processing, SEVIS fee payment, and tips for transitioning to graduate school life in the U.S.

Your Path to U.S. Ph.D. Admission with Higher Study Advisor LLC

  • In-depth Consultation: Understand your research interests, prior academic accomplishments, and align them with potential Ph.D. programs in the U.S. Free Consultation
  • Program & University Selection: Tailor a list of U.S. universities and Ph.D. programs that complement your specific research goals and aspirations.
  • Application Strategy: Benefit from our guidance in creating a robust application, accentuating your research proposals, and past academic endeavors.
  • Compilation of Documents: Assist in gathering essential materials, including detailed academic transcripts, research publications, and project abstracts.
  • SOP & LOR Crafting: Collaborate on producing compelling Statements of Purpose and obtaining potent Letters of Recommendation, crucial for Ph.D. admissions.
  • English & Subject-specific Test Prep: Get tailored coaching for English proficiency tests (TOEFL/IELTS) and relevant subject-specific standardized tests, if applicable.
  • Interview & Research Presentation: Prepare meticulously for interviews, emphasizing your research proposal, methodologies, and anticipated contributions to the academic community.
  • Visa Application & Prep: Navigate the intricate student visa (F1) process, ensuring you're equipped with all requisite documents and prepped for the interview.
  • Transition & Onboarding: After admission, get support for the I-20 form, SEVIS fee, and guidance on smoothly integrating into the U.S. academic research community.

Frequently Asked Questions

The requirements vary by institution and program, but generally, students need: A completed application form Proof of secondary school completion Transcripts from previous institutions English language proficiency (often TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native speakers) Financial proof of ability to pay tuition and living expenses

Once you receive an acceptance letter and I-20 form from a U.S. institution, you can apply for an F-1 visa. The process includes: Paying the SEVIS I-901 fee Completing the DS-160 form online Paying the visa application fee Scheduling and attending a visa interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Yes, many U.S. institutions offer scholarships to international students based on academic merit, talents, or specific criteria. It’s important to research each school’s scholarship opportunities and apply by the deadlines.

On an F-1 student visa, you’re allowed to work up to 20 hours per week on-campus during regular semesters. After completing your first academic year, you might be eligible for off-campus employment through programs like Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT).

On an F-1 visa, you’re granted a 60-day grace period after the completion of your studies (or post-study authorized employment, like OPT) to prepare to leave the USA, change your visa status, or transfer to another school.

In the U.S., the terms “college” and “university” are often used interchangeably. However, typically, colleges are smaller institutions focusing on undergraduate education, while universities might offer both undergraduate and graduate programs across various disciplines.

Most U.S. universities recognize and evaluate international qualifications. However, specific requirements vary by institution. Some may ask for a credentials evaluation by an external agency. Remember, these are general answers and might not encompass all specifics or changes in regulations. Always refer to official guidelines and individual institution policies for the most accurate information.

OPT (Optional Practical Training) allows F-1 students to work in their field of study for up to 12 months after completing their academic program. To apply, you must request a recommendation from your Designated School Official (DSO) and file Form I-765 with USCIS.

Yes, students with degrees in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) fields can apply for a 24-month STEM OPT extension, giving them a total of up to 36 months of OPT in the U.S.

The H1B visa is a work visa allowing U.S. companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. It’s different from OPT as it is not restricted to recent graduates and can be extended beyond three years. Each year, there’s a cap on the number of H1B visas issued, and recipients are often selected through a lottery system.

Transitioning to a green card from an F-1 or H1B typically involves employer sponsorship. Your employer can file an I-140 Immigrant Petition on your behalf. Other avenues include family sponsorship or self-petitioning in specific categories like the EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver).

The National Interest Waiver (NIW) allows certain professionals, especially those in the STEM fields, to apply for a green card without employer sponsorship if it’s in the “national interest” of the U.S. Eligibility depends on several factors, including your expertise, work history, and the significance of your contributions to your field.

After the completion of your study program and any authorized period of practical training (like OPT), you have a 60-day grace period to depart the U.S., apply for a change of status, or transfer to another institution.

The most common route is to transition to an H1B visa. Typically, an employer sponsors your H1B petition. Alternatively, visas like the L-1 (for inter-company transfers) or O-1 (for individuals with extraordinary abilities) may be options, depending on your situation.

Yes, but it requires specific steps and can be complex. Common pathways include being sponsored by an employer, family sponsorship, or self-petitioning if you qualify for categories like EB-1A (extraordinary ability) or EB-2 NIW.

Yes, there is an annual cap for H1B visas. Currently, the cap is set at 65,000 for those with a bachelor’s degree and an additional 20,000 for those with a master’s degree or higher from U.S. institutions. However, certain employers, like universities, are exempt from this cap.

The H1B visa is initially valid for three years and can be extended up to a maximum of six years. Under specific conditions, particularly if you’ve started the green card process, you may be able to extend the H1B beyond six years.

While it’s technically possible, the process is complex. F-1 is a non-immigrant intent visa, and applying for a green card can signify immigrant intent, which may jeopardize your F-1 status. It’s essential to navigate this transition carefully, ideally with the guidance of an immigration attorney.

Your H1B visa is tied to the employer who sponsors it, and you’re authorized to work for that specific employer in the role described in the visa petition. If you wish to change jobs, your new employer must file a new H1B petition on your behalf.

Services Included

Need Help?

Unlock your potential with our free consultation. Let's chart your academic journey together!